FLO remains committed to serving employees and family members as you navigate the impact of COVID-19. Whether you are continuing to adjust to a “new norm” Stateside or while posted abroad, the following resources may be useful. Feel free to reach out to the FLO team with any questions or specific concerns.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Additional U.S. Government Information and Resources:
- Government Response to Coronavirus, COVID-19
- Office of Allowances – Evacuation FAQs
- Traveling During COVID-19
- Schools, Workplace, and Community Locations Updates
- FSI Training Status
- Security Clearances
- Homeschooling and Online Education
- College and Beyond
- College Admissions and COVID-19: An Evolving Landscape(Foreign Service Journal)
Visit FLO’s Education and Youth page for additional information and resources that may be helpful during this time.
Family Member Employment
- FLO’s Global Employment Advisors (GEA) are available to support family members with developing federal resumes and reviewing applications. Locate your GEA, view helpful employment webinars, and learn how a GEA can assist you.
- The Federal Government is hiring across a wide range of career fields to help respond to the COVID-19 national emergency. View a list of the positions on USAJOBS.
- Security Clearance FAQs
- What Kind of Teleworker are YOU? (AAFSW Newsletter Article)
- Seven Strategies for Thriving on Telework (CEFAR Webinar)
Support Services Resources
- Resources for Resilience During COVID-19 and Resilience Boosting Webinars (FSI’s Center of Excellence in Foreign Affairs Resilience)
- Daily Activities and Going Out (CDC)
- MED’s Office of Employee Consultation Services (ECS)
- ECS is a completely free and confidential counseling resource for DOS direct hires and eligible family members who may need support to cope with stress relating to the outbreak of COVID-19. Non-DOS direct hires and eligible family members under Chief of Mission may access ECS services if their agencies’ respective employee assistance programs are inaccessible. To schedule an appointment, please email MEDECS@state.gov or call ECS at our new telephone number: +1-202-634-4874.
- Getting Started with Long-Distance Caregiving (NIH’s National Institute on Aging)
- Unaccompanied Tours Resources
- Basics of Pre-Deployment Planning and Reintegration Podcast
- Reintegration after a Separation Recorded Webinar
Crisis Management Resources
For crisis management resources, visit the following FLO pages:
- Post Evacuations – Before, During, and After
- List of Important Documents to Have on Hand
- Personal Preparedness Planning
- Note: Includes information on Contingency Planning for Single Parents and Tandem Couples with Children.
FSI’s Transition Center Resources
The Overseas Briefing Center (OBC) is providing support for the foreign affairs community via telework, including assistance in the areas of bidding and assignment post-specific research, preparation planning for a move overseas or a return to the United States, and resources for international relocations. Check with the OBC for updates on in-person visits.